COVID-19 - UPDATE
Pillar To Post – Taking care of your home inspection – Protecting your health
At Pillar To Post Home Inspectors, the health and safety of our customers is our highest priority. In response to the public health situation related to coronavirus (COVID-19), we are diligently monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), Health Canada and medical professionals to ensure we are taking the necessary steps to protect our customers. During this time, wherever possible, Pillar To Post remains open and committed to providing a best-in-class home inspection that helps clients turn a house into a home.
- If clients/agents do not feel comfortable attending the inspection, we will deliver the report and/or review the report by phone.
- We will reschedule the inspection if the inspector is showing signs of illness.
- We will clean our hands thoroughly prior to and during the inspection.
- We will keep a safe distance, not shaking hands or elbow bumping.
- Whenever possible, we will wipe down doorknobs, faucet handles and work surfaces.
- We will take all other prudent steps to protect our home inspectors, Realtors, our clients and homeowners from the spread of COVID-19.
We appreciate your trust during this challenging time. We will continue our mission of ensuring confident home ownership with a particular focus on the health and safety of all of our customers.
PILLAR TO POST, South Eastern Idaho
Pillar To Post has grown to be the largest home inspection franchise in North America through maintaining stringent requirements, continued education and offering clients varied types of inspections to fit the needs of the client. Pillar To Post offers 3 packages of inspections plus other ancillary services recognizing “One size or program does not fit all needs of a client” – Click here to learn more. Buying a home is one of the largest investments you will ever make. Having a Pillar To Post home inspection will bring you the confidence and knowledge you need to make an informed decision.
WHY PILLAR TO POST
EXPERIENCE – We have been inspecting homes in South Eastern Idaho for over 10 years. We have inspected over 3,000 homes. Pillar To Post requires we have continued education to maintain our certification.
INSURANCE – Pillar To Post requires that inspectors maintain an Errors and Omission policy of $1,000,000 along with liability coverage. Because we offer other ancillary services beyond just that of home inspection we also carry riders to cover Mold, Radon and Asbestos testing.
CERTIFICATION – With Pillar To Post we are required to be certified with either the National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI) or American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). There are other National organizations, but these two are the only ones that have met the stringent requirements of Pillar To Post. In addition to being certified with NAHI, we have certification in these other areas.
- RADON TESTING: Certified as a radon proficiency tester with American Association of Radon Scientists and Technicians (AARST). We also use Sun Nuclear; EPA approved calibrated continuous radon monitors. These monitors are state of the art and take hourly readings and show if they have been tampered or moved during a test period. They also must be recalibrated each year to be certified for real estate transactions.
- MOLD TESTING: Certified through the program developed by the University of Utah, Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health under the University Department of Preventative Medicine.
- ASBESTOS TESTING: Certified through the program developed by the University of Utah, Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health under the University Department of Preventative Medicine.
- THERMOGRAPHY: Certified Level I Infrared Interpretation for Building Applications, The Snell Group.
For the buyer, an inspection will help you make an informed decision. It will familiarize you with the major systems of the home and how they operate. It will also provide you with the information you need for any maintenance or repairs your new purchase may require.
For the seller, a pre-listing inspection can detect previously unknown problems or potential upgrades that you wish to address prior to selling your home. By identifying problems that could stall a future offer or sale, it reduces the chance of surprise and complications of future offers. This benefits all parties for a smoother transaction. Even if repairs are required, we can make recommendations for improvements that could help speed up the sale.